Sunday 20 January 2013

PARIS!

Paris for the day!

So our day started very early with a 5am start. We had to get on the bus at 6am. The bus took 7 and 1/2 hours to get to Paris. 

We finally got to Paris at 1.30pm. 

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CITY! I am in love. It is so pretty. There are so so many old buildings with beautiful window frames and balconies. The river flowing through the middle. So so cool. It is just like the movies and tv shows. :) 

We straight away headed to the Eiffel Tower! I think I took like 50 photos of it. Haha.Ill just show you a couple of the better ones though. It was huge and very impressive.

EIFFEL TOWER!
Proof that is was actually snowing. :)
Vanessa, Sidney and me :)
I was just a little bit excited to be in Paris by the Eiffel Tower
One more for good measure. :)
 Then we made our way across town to the Notre Dame Catherdral. :) I again got told off because I was holding my bag correctly on the subway. I thought I was but no I had to hug it. What I didnt understand was why I had to hug my bag but none of them did.... Haha.

 The Notre Dame is a beautiful church! As we walked over we came across a whole lot of pigeons. And I mean a whole lot! There would have been at least 200 there. People were feeding them and they would land on there arms and hands and even in the hoods of there jackets.
Does not look like that many in the photos but there was heaps! Promise. Do you think you would like to feed them Mum? :P :)
So pretty in the snow.

Inside
Other side.
Crazy to think the buildings I learn about at school are now buildings I have photos of and visited. :)
We then made our way to the Louvre. Not sure of spelling... The huge museum. And I mean huge!!!!!!!! (Side note, the one thing that was disgusting here was the toilets. I have never seen a toilet so dirty and eewww. It was really gross.)
This museum is the one that has the big glass pyramid entrance. :)
One wing of 10 or 12!!!! It is HUGE! and very pretty too.

This is looking out from the middle of the museum to towards the city. The rest of the museum is behind me. :)

The glass pyramid and fountains are beautiful and magical to walk through and around.

This has to be one of my favourite photos of the day. It took us a while to get it because I was slightly to short and my hand wasnt in the right place but we got it in the end. :)

The snow was so so so slippery! Walking back towards the bus we had to walk along a huge walkway completely covered with frozen snow! We were all slipping and sliding everywhere. It was very funny. I am amazed that none of us fell over! It was a miracle. I was very glad I was wearing mylittle ug boots though because they were so warm!!!! I didnt have cold feet for one minute. It was great! I am also glad I spent the money to get a good pair because the soles were thick and the water didnt come through and soak my feet. :) I felt a bit bad though because all the others had wet, cold feet for various reasons. Glad mine werent though. :P
We then did a bit of shopping. Looked in some VERY expensive shops. Also in an awesome makeup shop. It was like the size of two glassons shops. :O It was very cool. :)
Oh and of course there was a very colourful lolly shop here too.
Then as we walked to meet the bus I took a photo just for Dad under the Arc de Triomphe.
This is me being angry at Lance Armstrong for writing inspirational books that make you admire him when it was all a big lie. I hope this is what you meant Dad. :)

It was a long night. We got on the bus at midnight and I got into bed at home just before 7. I have never been so happy to get into bed.

Magical Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment